Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cuddle (not Cuddy) Buddies

So I have a huge confession to make...I love having cuddle buddies.

I found my first cuddle buddy last August, and yes, he is a personal trainer as well (PT#2). We had been flirting in the gym for almost a year. I have to confess that I was in a relationship for most of this year, but there's nothing wrong with some innocent flirting here and there, right? Anyway, I had just been dumped in the Barnes and Noble parking lot, and I was lonely. PT#2 had asked me to come over to help him pack since he was moving to his first house, and I happily agreed to have something else to do after work besides going to the gym. The first time I came home, but the second time I stayed the night. Now let me tell you: there is no doubt that I am attracted to this man. I mean after all, he is a personal trainer. However, as I got to know him over the year, he openly admitted that he was not looking for a relationship and was only into one thing. At the same time, I had made it pretty clear to him that I was the exact opposite, so it came to be that we decided to settle on being friends with cuddle benefits. At first, I just spent one night in his old apartment, but then when the cold of the winter months settled in, I found myself going over to his new house on the regular to stay warm. I only asked to stay once--he contacted me all of the other times. We never crossed the line and only used one another for the physical comfort cuddling can bring. We're still good friends and go out occasionally but now that the hot summer months have settled in and PT#2 has decided to try a committed relationship for the first time in the last 10 years, we've taken a break from our cuddle time. I have to admit that I miss it.

One of my close female friends doesn't understand the whole cuddle buddy thing. She continually asks me PT#2 and I can resist the sexual attraction that is no doubt there. She made me question my sanity, but a close male friend of mine told me that I needed to be questioning PT#2's sanity instead. After all, he is a man, and he had different women over all of the time who were willing to satisfy him in traditional ways. Why in the world was he texting me to come over and cuddle? I figured I was filling a void that a girlfriend would have filled if he was really ready to be committed to someone. My guy friend felt the same way and became understandably worried that PT#2 and I would develop feelings for one another, and I would end up getting hurt when he returned to his player ways. However, this never happened. PT#2 showed me that it could be possible to have a cuddle buddy without having to worry about sex or being in a committed relationship--sometimes a girl just wants to be held. I say more power to cuddle buddies and to the women who have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment