Sunday, July 5, 2009

What's this all about?

A little over a year ago my boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me in a Barnes and Noble parking lot (more on this later). Surprisingly, I found myself thrown into the dating world less than a week later (more on this later as well). Since then, I have seen a world that I never knew existed. Dating has been a roller coaster for me that I contemplate getting off all of the time. But don't those of us who love roller coasters always contemplate getting off right before the ride takes you plummeting down a huge hill? And then don't we get off and go and find a bigger and better roller coaster to try out? Yes, dating has been this way for me, and this blog is all about the men I've met and what they've showed me about dating and myself. It's also going to be about finding ways to take charge of my life and becoming the person I want to be in order to finally be open to meeting the person I want to eventually share my life with. What a task!

The structure of this blog is iffy (especially since it's the first time I've ever had one!), but I imagine writing about a present-day event and then linking it back to one of my many (in)famous dating stories that my friends and family have come to love.

For all of you out there who have ever been on the dating scene, I hope my stories bring you some laughs and also some "Amens." I hope that you'll comment and tell your stories and let people like me know that we're not alone in this crazy dating world.

No comments:

Post a Comment