Sunday, July 19, 2009

Giving props

So I've finally decided on more of a structure for my first blog. I've been kind of down lately because I once again find myself liking someone, who I believe does not have the same feelings. I think it's fitting that right now I'm listening to Jordin Sparks's "Battlefield." Sometimes the dating world really does feel like a battlefield, and a lot of times, I feel like I'm on the losing end. I know that I'm supposed to be out there enjoying myself (at least that's what all of my married and older friends tell me), but it can be rough when you think you've really found someone, but then it doesn't work out. I've been on this dating streak for over a year now, and sometimes I feel really jaded. So when that happens, I give myself a pep talk and always ask myself what I'm gaining rather than picturing what I'm losing by not being in a relationship and on my way to married bliss. And you know what? Every time I can think of something I learned about myself or the world. No matter if it was one date, or three months of dating, I can think of something I've learned from every guy who has come into my life.

From now on, at the end of each post, I'm going to put the lesson learned from that particular person and/or situation. I haven't found Mr. Right yet, but I sure have found out a lot about myself, how I view the world, and sometimes, how the world my view me.

So here goes my first attempt at this. I'm going to try and remember something I've learned from each guy I've talked about so far. It would be an injustice to leave any of them out. This is their time to shine. After all, I'm basically saying that they have left some sort of imprint on my life, and we all know how good it feels to think we've done that for someone. It's that silly thing called an ego.

PT#1: He has no clue that just by going out with me twice that he helped open my eyes to the fact that I was attractive to other men. I honestly never thought men took notice of me until this hot trainer took the time to notice me--a lot. He even found my sweat attractive. If a man with a six-pack for abs wanted me, then that meant there had to be others out there who would feel the same. He liberated me from feeling as though I would never stand out in a crowd and started me on my journey of confidence-building that has made me the sexy woman I am today.

PT#2: I'm still learning from PT#2 since he is now a friend of mine, but I think what he has shown me so far is that I can resist sheer sexiness. I mean this man is hot, but I know better than to do anything but cuddle with him and be his friend because I would just end up getting hurt. It turns out that there are instances when I can protect myself from unnecessary heartbreak.

Teddy Bear: He taught me that there are different styles of kissing, and that I had been missing out. Ok, that sounds pretty shallow, but it's true. Did I mention he was a good kisser? Ha ha. He also taught me to let loose every now and go ahead and make out in a car when the mood called for it. It's all good to be young at heart every now and then.

Mr. I. Ooze. Sexiness: I'm still learning from him as well, but I think it was pretty clear in my post about him that I learned that motivations can change--and for the better.

I think that covers everyone so far. I'm excited about this new format because it means that I'll really live up to the title of this blog. Dating and self-discovery can be one in the same for me. Maybe I would have learned these things about myself without these men coming into my life, but they definitely helped to speed up the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment